Wednesday, February 2, 2011

MY DROP CLOTH CURTAINS

Jared has been home the last two days due to "the blizzard," so I put him to work. (He probably wishes he were AT work!) After living here for almost 4 years, we finally got living room curtains hung ($4 garage sale find.....I'll eventually want to replace them, but for now they work great!), and I finally got my drop cloth curtains done and hung! I LOVE them. I still have some work to do on them, though. After I washed them (they shrunk up a lot) and measured how long they were to be, I folded them over at the top and clipped them with ring clips, thinking I had solved the issue of having to cut and hem. Well, they must have shrunk up to different sizes, because once I had them both hung and closed the curtains at night, I noticed the folded down "flaps" were different lengths. (sigh) So there goes my "great" idea of getting around having to hem them. For now, they look okay when they are open, so some day I'll get around to the hemming (and ironing) part. :)

1 comment:

boyd35 said...

Lana, I loved this idea so when I got back from Colorado Katie helped me make them for our slider. I added fun fabric to the bottom of mine :) Thanks for the great, cheap idea!