Wednesday, February 2, 2011

BLIZZARD 2011

We are finally dug out of the 15 inches of snow we received in the last 24 hours. After the wind finally died down today, all the neighbors began to emerge and pretty soon, the street was filled with neighbors helping each other shovel and snowblow while kids had a blast playing in all the huge drifts and piles.


Morgan wanted to get in on the action....

Yep. I actually got myself and Morgan bundled up, and instead of napping, we went and played in the snow. She has been begging to play in the snow all winter, so I finally bit the bullet and took her out. I figured this was our chance since it is supposed to get to wind chills of 10 to 20 below zero later today and the next few days. The sun was actually out, and it wasn't all that bad. We actually had so much fun!





After Daddy and the neighbors finished shoveling / snowblowing the driveway, there was a HUGE pile of snow on one side. Morgan saw some other kids "sledding" down the piles in the driveways, and asked to "slide." So, I'd plop her up as high as I could and let her slide down the pile. After doing it a few times, the snow was packed down in the spot and a bit more "slick" so it really became like a slide. She could have done this all day.

I finally convinced her to go inside after about an hour, and even though it was 2:15, I put her down for a late nap, and I never heard a peep from her. It is almost 4:00, and I'll probably let her sleep for another 30-45 minutes or so. She was TIRED.

So, the Blizzard of 2011 was actually quite fun for us (since the power never went off, thank goodness!) Daddy got to be home for 2 days, I got some things done around the house that I've wanted to get done for a LONG time, and we got to finally have some great fun playing in the snow along with all the neighbors.

No comments: