Monday, October 11, 2010
TERRIBLE TWO'S
Wow, are we starting the terrible two's or what!!!!! The last 3 or 4 days have been ..... a struggle to say the least. My sweet, relatively obedient, easy-going little girl who has never thrown a temper tantrum in her life has turned into a HUGE emotional mess. She has these long crying/screaming fits where she will fight me on everything!!! (Wants a drink, but then throws it on the floor when I give it her. Says she needs to go potty, but will arch her back and try to get off when I put her on the potty. Wants her "puppy" but will then push him away when I give it to her. Stuff like that.) I have a headache, and I'm starting to feel like a horrible Mom when I get so upset with her. Part of all this could be that she isn't feeling 100% (at least I dont' think so.) She has had a deep cough for over a month now and her nose and eyes keep running / watering. (Allergies.......sigh.) Plus, she is not sleeping ..... AGAIN! Her naps no longer exist. Instead she spends the two hours that I leave her in there jumping in her bed, singing, throwing her stuffed animals out of her bed, crying, screaming, talking, taking her clothes off (and therefore smearing poopers all over her bed- yeah, that happened today) ....anything but sleeping, or even resting for that matter. She is almost more wild and wired in her bed than when she is up and playing. The last few days she has been an emotional wreck, and therefore, I have been, too. Those of you have "been there, done that" understand how draining it is. But then again, I'm just that way. I get uptight over stuff like this, and I need to just relax and realize it's a small blip in her life and it too shall pass.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh, Lana, I feel your pain. Sadly, with girls - crying is just a part of life. Just be consistent and things will get better.
Suggestion for naptime. Try to act like you don't care if she sleeps or not. Give her some books or something to look at in her bed or on the floor (if she isn't in a crib still). There were quite a few times that my girls ended up falling asleep while they were looking at books or playing with stuffed animals. It seemed like they would do the opposite of what I said. If they thought I didn't want them to nap - they were more likely to fall asleep.
Post a Comment