Wednesday, December 2, 2009

JUST LIKE DADDY

Daddy got to be home with us tonight. (No athletic events he had to be at .....Yea!) After he changed out of his work clothes, I snatched up his tie and put it on. I couldn't quite figure out how to tie it, though...... Hmmmm......



*I am 16 months old now, and learning new things faster than Mommy can keep track of! Some new words lately: glasses, breakfast, me, so, more, star, puppy, sticker (sounds more like dihdih), door (I LOVE to push doors open and closed), duck, window (sounds like dihdo), house, down, applesauce (sounds more like dadasos), purse, go (as in "Go Redbirds" - we're still working on the "Redbirds" part), and this (when I want something I point and say "dis"). I also know quite a few letters of the alphabet by sight: A, B, C, D, O, S, and sometimes I. Grandma taught me how to help sing the ABC's by filling in missing letters. I also help Grandma sing "Jesus Loves Me" by saying "me" and "so" whenever it comes up in the song, and "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star" by filling in the last word of each phrase. I LOVE to sing! My newest thing is to "hug" anything remotely soft, fuzzy, etc. by putting it to my face and saying "awww." When Grandpa was entertaining me in Kohl's the other day, I found some fuzzy slippers and scarves that I kept rubbing against my face. Mommy says I'm strange. :) Anyway, Mommy and Daddy are having a blast watching me grow up, and I'm having fun learning all sorts of stuff!
*I got two more teeth in (the "pointy" ones on the bottom) which the doctor said wouldn't come in until 18 months or so. I bet that's why I wasn't sleeping well and had a cough and rash. But the last few days again, I have slept for over 2 hours for my naps and haven't gotten up until 8:00 in the morning! (I WAS waking up between 4:30 and 6:00 for awhile.) BUT I got my 15 month shots today and was kinda grumpy afterwards, so hopefully it won't set me back too much again.


No comments: