Wednesday, September 16, 2009

UPDATES

Here are few things I've been up to lately:
  1. My new favorite foods are grapes and apples. I can even say a "word" that sounds pretty close to "apple" when I want Mommy to give me more.
  2. I am drinking completely 100% whole milk now - no more expensive formula! YEA! Mommy and Daddy are so happy. That means I can now also start experiencing yogurt, cheese, ice cream.....MMMMM! Still haven't tested out eggs yet. Mommy's a bit nervous about that one.
  3. I now am very aware of my new baby cousin, Molly. When I see her picture in my family book or on my picture board, I say, "Mawhey." (Sometimes it comes out sounding more like "mommy" but I am pointing at her picture, so Mommy knows I am talking about my cousin instead of her.) When I see or hear a baby, I say "Mawhey" too, though, thinking that all babies are Molly. :)
  4. I have officially learned how to say "NO". Mommy is oh so thrilled about this new accomplishment. (Yeah, right.)
  5. I am learning more and more animal sounds all the time. I can now say "mow" (meow), "cak, cak" (quack, quack), "heeee" (neigh), "cahdoo" (cock-a-doodle-doo), "ah, ah" (arf, arf), and sometimes I can make piggy noises.
  6. My new favorite book is "Chicka, Chicka, ABC." And guess what letter I always point out at the end....Yep. The A.
  7. I LOVE giving kisses. Mommy LOVES it when I give her kisses and say "mmmmaa." I also like to kiss my stuffed animals as well as pictures in books.
  8. Mommy cannot even eat a sandwich at lunch without me going nuts. I see her bread and get upset if she doesn't let me have some. I still LOVE bread!
  9. I am NOT taking good naps still at all. It's been a month now that I went from a dream napper to .... this. Mommy never knows if I am going to sleep or not. She tends to dread naptime these days. If I sleep in the morning, I will most likely not sleep in the afternoon, or I will often just lay in my crib and talk to myself and play for my naps instead of sleep. There have been many days when I don't sleep in the morning OR afternoon. Mommy thinks maybe it's time to move to one nap a day???? But then again, on Sunday when I was supposed to take just one nap because we had church in the morning, I didn't sleep at all. I used to sleep 3 or 4 hours after church. (Mommy sigh...)

1 comment:

Heather S. said...

I just wanted to offer a word of encouragement about naps. Norah and Lucy struggled with naps shortly after they turned one. Going form 2 naps to one was the LONGEST transition ever! As you said, some days they didn't nap at all - even when they seemed exhausted! I would encourage you to keep trying - don't give up. I also remember that off and on for a couple of months we did a middle of the day nap. Usually from about 11-1 or 2. That seemed like just enough to get them through the rest of the day.