Wednesday, September 30, 2009

NO MILK


Well, it's back to measuring out expensive formula and watching carefully what I eat. Mommy had been noticing some minor things lately that caused her to call the specialist. They ended up doing a blood test and officially testing for a variety of food allergies. Yep. Still have my milk allergy. No wonder I have been a bit "off" lately. Mommy feels bad for not catching things sooner and giving me milk products that have been causing me to be uncomfortable. We see the specialist on Tuesday and she said we'd talk about trying other options such as soymilk. (I couldn't handle soy formula as a newborn, but it didn't show up on my lab tests as an immediate allergy. So either I have outgrown that allergy, or it's a delayed allergy for me, meaning that it shows up after being exposed to it for a certain time period. The test doesn't test for those kind. So, we may just have to try it and wait and see...) Mommy is a bit discouraged by it all. Combined with the fact that I have been out of sorts, cranky, whiny, and not sleeping well, she is a bit cranky herself. We have been trying just one nap a day now, and I do actually fall asleep for about 1.5-2 hours, but I have just been a big crank lately, and Mommy doesn't now if I am really "emotionally ready" to go to one nap. The colder, rainy weather hasn't helped. I miss my two walks a day! I hope there are a few more warmer, sunny days here again before fall/winter are here to stay!

3 comments:

The gFamily said...

Oh bummer, Morgan! I am so sorry! That is no fun! I really hope that soy milk works out!!

Anonymous said...

hey lana, it's april. how are you? I found your blog through kate's. Just wanted to suggest rice milk. don't know what her other allergies are or if you have tried it but i have many many friends with kids who have allergies to milk and rice milk has been a very easy transition. sorry to hear this about her...not fun!!

Taunya Saner said...

Poor little MJ :( We feel your heartbreak sweetie! Love, Taunya & Collin