A NEW CAMERA AND UPDATES...
Mommy's camera decided to "die" a couple weeks ago, and of course, she was going nuts without a camera around! So she got out Daddy's old camera that she hadn't used in a long time and decided to practice using it again. Even though it's not a very good camera, at least she can still take some pictures in the meantime. Here are some pictures she took while practicing using the camera again.....
This is what I looked like when Mommy set me down on the floor to play.
Mommy doesn't know what I was trying to do here. All of a sudden I flopped back and just decided to "relax." Good thing my boppy was there! I thought this was so funny, I kept sitting up and doing it again!
And here is me after about a half hour of playing and rolling around. (My hair was a mess, though Mommy DID "help" the mohawk look out a bit before this picture.)
UPDATES: I had an appointment with the specialist on Monday. I weighed 19 lbs. 12 oz. and was 28 1/4 inches. She upped my prevacid medicine I take for my reflux again due to my weight and the fact that I have been spitting up again a lot lately, not napping well, and hiccupping/burping a lot. Since then, I haven't spit up at all, and no hiccupping. I am still not napping well, but Mommy thinks that could be due to a variety of other things. I still sleep through the night (actually almost 12 hours now!), but my naps are hit and miss. I used to just lay down and go right to sleep and sleep for an hour and a half to two hours and wake up happy. Now, ever since I learned to roll over and am much more alert and aware of my surroundings, I sometimes don't want to nap. I often lay in my crib and roll around, pull off my socks, talk to myself, etc. instead of sleep. Sometimes I just lay in there and cry until Mommy finally lets me out. Other times, I fall asleep fine, but wake up screaming after 40 minutes. There have been many days lately where I don't sleep at all during the day, or only about 45 minutes. Mommy gets frustrated on those days. She says she welcomes any tips anyone has on getting me to take better naps. :)
I am not crawling yet, but I have found out how to get places anyway.....roll, roll, roll. My newest things are to play "so big" with Daddy, hit two things together, and support myself standing for short periods against the couch or my play table. I also have started to put my puffs in my mouth by myself, and when Mommy mentions "books" I look right at my basket of books and get all excited. Mommy says it amazes her so much to think about all the things I have accomplished in 8 short months. I wonder what I'll be up to in 8 MORE months?
2 comments:
Norah and Lucy both went through strange napping patterns at different times. My best advice is to stay consistent. Keeping putting Morgan in bed for regular naps - she'll figure it out soon!!
Yep, consistency... All my kids did the thing where they would wake up after 45 minutes and cry. At some point she will start falling back to sleep after that. Those are rough days, though, huh! I hope she is sleeping better during the day soon! :)
Post a Comment