As a former first grade teacher, this makes me smile! Morgan LOVES to write. I mean LOVES it! (And with no real coaching or prompting from me at all.) So, today while at Target I grabbed this lined dry erase board from the dollar bin for her, and she could hardly wait to get home and write! She does tend to have some letter reversals and since she's never written on lines before, I sat down with her and explained to her what the lines meant and how the letters need to stay in the lines. We practiced each letter a couple times and then she wanted to write words. And off she went! That was all the "teaching" she needed. Here is what she did after one "lesson." :)
(Not sure why this one is sideways...grrr.)
I wrote the first number in each line and she did the rest. I purposely did numbers I know she often reverses. So, I verbally coached her on some of them if she started to make them the wrong way. But I was amazed how easily she was able to use and stay within the lines. Oh, and she insisted on the last line to do the number 100! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment