I know both my girls are totally different people and I've tried hard not to compare Kelsey to Morgan in her developments and skills. But I have to admit that I was a tad disappointed to realize that Kelsey was NOT interested in "school time" and learning her letters and numbers and shapes and colors like Morgan was at her age. :) (Though she has always been way ahead of where Morgan was in motor skills.) Morgan could hear or see something once and just "know" it.... Kelsey could care less. Or so I thought. Today though she proved to me that she was just taking it all in until she decided on her own time that she wanted to do it.
While putting an ABC puzzle together with her today, I asked her what the letters were like I always do, and suddenly she began telling me!!!!! Just out of the blue! What???? And while coloring together today, I was using a blue crayon and she pointed to it and said, "Wan boo!" (Want blue!) And then.... when I change her diaper I usually sing to her (ABC's, Jesus Loves Me, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, etc.) I always pause at certain words to see if she'll fill in for me and she never does...until today! She knew EVERY word I paused on.....
The girl just has to do things in her own way and in her own time I guess..... :)
Wednesday, March 27, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment