Thursday, June 28, 2012

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

A year ago we welcomed Kelsey Faith into our family.  It's hard to believe a year has passed already.  I look back at pictures like this one and can hardly believe that my babbling, almost-walking little girlie used to be that small. 

So much has happened in a year, and it amazes me how much she has "learned" in just one year!  Here is what she is currently up to.....
  • No more milk allergy!  Yea!
  • She is off Prevacid and has no more signs of reflux at all. So that means no more sitting up with her and keeping her elevated for 30 minutes after eating.  I can now give her the bedtime bottle and lay her right down. 
  • She is taking most of her formula from a sippy cup now.  I haven't tackled the bedtime bottle yet.  Gonna deal with that AFTER vacation! :)
  • She is eating a lot of the same things we are at meals now.   Her favorites are grilled cheese, yogurt, pancakes / waffles, applesauce, and mashed potatoes.
  • She regularly uses the signs for: more, please, all done, and thank you.
  • She can "say" all done, mama, book, and thank you.  I am probably the only one that can "understand" her, but to me, it's pretty clear.  :)
  • She has 9 teeth which includes one molar and she is currently working on another molar. 
  • We put teeth guard pads on the rails of her crib, but now she has figured out how to gnaw on the actual slats on the sides of the crib.   That little rascal.... 
  • I can't let her alone with anything made of wood because she gnaws on it down to bare wood!
  • She puts anything and everything in her mouth.....I have to watch her like a hawk!  :)
  • She can pull herself up, cruise around, and even walk behind her push toy by herself.  She can also walk fairly well holding on to just one hand.
  • Just yesterday she started to pull herself up and then standing there without holding on to anything....balancing for a short bit without wobbling.  She'll be walking here in no time!
  • She can climb up the steps all by herself. One day she just did it without any problem, like she's always known how!  Scared me to death! So, we now have a baby gate at the stairs! :) 
  • I am contemplating working on going to one nap a day.  She's in that transition stage that Morgan went through, too, about this time. 
We love you, Kelsey Faith!  Happy Birthday!

No comments: