2. She always makes sure we don't forget to "pay" (pray) when we eat. If we forget for some reason (or even sometimes when we don't forget), she will often bow her head, fold her hands and babble a cute little prayer, complete with an "amen" at the end. It just melts my heart. The other day I asked her what she was doing and she said, "Pay Deezus."
3. She says "Bye, Bye!" to literaly everything right now. She says "Bye-bye toys" when we go to bed, she says "Bye-bye stroller" when we come in from a walk, she says "Bye-bye Donalds" when we leave McDonalds, she says "Bye-bye side (slide)" when it's time to leave the park, she says "Bye-bye" to people when we leave stores..... I have found that if she says Bye-bye to whatever it is she is doing, she doesn't cry or whine about having to leave / stop doing that activity.
4. Morgan loves "Donalds" (McDonalds). I used to hate McDonalds....still not a huge fan of their food...but it has become a tradition to go there every Thursday with a group of moms and kids after our Mom2Mom group. We have learned to like McDonalds because they are one of the only places to publish a listing of allergens in their foods....namely milk for us. So Morgan can actually eat there without me having to pack food for her. Interestingly enough, she enjoys the apple dippers the most. She'll say "Go eat apples" when we talk about going to McDonalds.
5. Some of her new phrases are: Dat funny, I get it, what dat, I see _____.
6. She loves carrying around purses, bags, etc. with stuff in them. She also will pile her grocery cart with anything she can find and push it around the house while carrying her purse.
7. She is starting to enter the "pretend" stage. It is so cute. For example, she'll put her animals in her booster seat at the table and "give them a drink" from her cup.
8. Morgan will not keep her socks on these days for anything. It is her new favorite "game" to pull her socks off as soon as she can after I put them on..... So I've stopped even trying to get her to wear socks right now. Thank goodness the weather is getting warmer.
9. Morgan still loves Tot Trays and Tot School. Oh, there are days where she is not interested in doing the activities I plan for her, and I don't push it. But for the most part, I love that she loves that one on one time with me.
10. She is still a great sleeper. She usually goes to bed around 8:00 and sleeps until 8:00 a.m. She also naps from about 1-4 every afternoon. I often even have to wake her up. But then there are random nights (like tonight) where I THINK she is asleep, and suddenly, 45 minutes after I put her down I hear her giggling to herself.....
11. She says "Bless You" when we sneeze or cough, and if we are in her way, she'll stand next to you and say "Cooz me!" If I don't move right away, though, she'll lose the politeness and just try to push me out of the way. :)
12. Her new favorite activity is lining up anything and everything...
13. I love that she has started singing songs herself. Meaning, she'll just starting singing a song on her own without my prompting. Most people probably wouldn't know what she was singing, but I know exactly what song it is. Her favorites are "The ABC's," "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star," and "Jesus Loves Me." She typically only gets about every other word to the song, but it's still cute.
14. We've been working on the lowercase letters lately. Most of the time she can point to the ones I ask her to, but she can't always tell me what the letter is if I point to one and ask her what it is. Consistently, she knows r, b, k, e, h, and obviously the letters that look the same as the capital letters.
15. She adores Elmo, and has discovered "Elmo's World" thanks to some garage sale finds.
16. She has been really enjoying her new garage sale toys....
17. I have found a technique that has been working really well when we want Morgan to do something or we want her to obey. If I ask her to do something and she doesn't respond to what I ask (or if she darts in the other direction!), I gently hold her hands and look her in the eye (if possible....that is if she is not hiding in the other room) and say, "Mommy told you to _____ and you need to obey. Please say Yes, Mommy." She then says "Yes, Mommy" (or Daddy if Daddy is asking her to do something), and then will obey.....most of the time. I got this idea from a blog I read often called "Chronicles of a Babywise Mom." I kinda pick and choose the ideas from the blog that fit us, and this one has worked very well. Like she describes in the blog, there are times of resistence, but overall, it is such a simple, yet very powerful little tactic.
18. Morgan loves water...she loves playing in it and she loves drinking it. She will drink and drink and drink water from her straw cup and constantly ask for it if I haven't gotten it out already. But we are trying to get her to drink from a cup. She used to think that was pretty neat, and was actually getting kinda good at it. Suddenly for some reason, she now wants nothing to do with the big girl cup. So, if we are at home, I hide her straw cup and if she asks for water, I offer her the big girl cup. She usually pushes it away. I am torn because I want her to drink her water during the day, but I also want to keep working on this new skill as well.
19. Morgan is going through a sensitive stage. Lately, she will suddenly start crying if we laugh at her (cuz you know toddlers are always doing cute and funny things) or if we correct (scold) her. Let's just HOPE it's a stage.
20. Okay, I need a #20, so.....let's see. Well, she STILL loves puzzles and books. These two things are definitely her all time favorite toys.
We got this puzzle at a garage sale today, and she found out that it plays music, too, when you put the pieces on.....or push the little buttons with your toes!
No comments:
Post a Comment