Wednesday, November 4, 2009

SMARTIE PANTS

Mommy continues to be amazed at how much I am comprehending and learning and doing. The last week or two I have gone from knowing what a diaper is (by looking at pictures in books and seeing the ones Mommy puts on me) to knowing what the sign for "diaper" looks like to being able to do the sign and say "baba" for diaper to now being able to communicate to Mommy when I need my diaper changed. Yep. Every time I make a mess in my pants, I go to Mommy and say "baba" and make the sign. Now Mommy says I need to learn to tell her that BEFORE I make the mess, but seriously, Mom, I'm only 15 months old! :)

Today I also did something else that surprised Mommy. I usually have play time in my room for about 45 minutes every morning after breakfast. Mommy puts up my gate, turns on my monitor and some music, and then I get to play with my toys in my room while Mommy does her devotions and gets ready. She comes in to check on me, and she can hear me in her monitor, so I usually don't get into too much trouble! :) Anyway, she sets a timer so I know when playtime is done. We also use it in the office room when Mommy works on the computer and I have blanket time every afternoon, so we have to move it around each day. Today I was following Mommy to my room for roomtime, when suddenly she realized I was not behind her anymore. I had taken off for the office saying "cock" and headed right to the timer on the desk, picked it up, and turned around to take it back to my room. When I got to my room, I worked hard to put it up on the changing table where Mommy puts it, though that spot is higher and I couldn't quite reach it. Mommy said, "How did you remember we needed to get it from the other room and then where to put it in your room?" She didn't realize I had ever been paying attention to that before. What a smart little cookie I am, huh? :)

3 comments:

Heather S. said...

Isn't it amazing how they catch on to things that we aren't even thinking about?

Julie said...

That's cute! It's amazing how much they know before you realize it:)

Jackie said...

Once again we are reminded that our children watch what we do. Isn't there some kind of saying about do what I say, not what I do? Morgan sounds very observant. She is growing up so fast. Hopefully potty training will be easy for you!