Friday, October 31, 2008


SLEEPY GIRL - JUST LIKE MOMMY


One of my favorite things to do is sleep - just like my mommy. She loves naps, she can sleep anywhere at any time, and she can sleep through anything. I am the same way. (I even can sleep through Daddy hammering and using the nail gun right outside my bedroom while he works on things around the house.) Lately I have surprised Mommy by taking long naps - like 2 hours at a time. She used to cuddle me to sleep, but now I just like to be swaddled up and put straight in bed. I don't even fuss. Sometimes I wake up about 45 minutes into my naps, but I typically fall right back asleep.

The last three nights, I have slept from about 9:00 to 7:30. That made Mommy and Daddy very happy. They are crossing their fingers that maybe I am starting a pattern of sleeping through the night. Mommy started to notice that when I was waking up like clockwork at around 4:15, I wasn't really crying, just making noises. So she decided to try something new. Instead of getting up to feed me, she started just coming to put my pacifier in (I usually don't fall asleep with it at night), and sometimes reswaddling me if I got my arms out. I have been going right back to sleep. We'll see if I can keep that up.....

I like to be swaddled when I sleep. Mommy says I look like a little burrito, and Grandpa thinks it looks uncomfortable like I am sleeping in a straight jacket. But it keeps me warm and snuggly, and I don't wake myself up with all my jerky movements.

Just like Mommy, I seem to always fall asleep in the car. In fact, I love my car seat, and I usually smile at Mommy and Daddy when they put me in here. I've been to Branson already and Southern Illinois and Bloomington..... I just sleep the whole way and love it!

No comments: