I love the Christmas Season! I really enjoy the traditions we have started with our kids! Here are a couple that we do each year and just started today, the first day of December.
I wrap 25 books and put them under our upstairs tree. Right before bed each night, the girls take turns opening up a book that we then read together snuggled in Punkin's bed. I always buy a brand new one that I make sure they save to open on Christmas Eve.
Here are a list of the things we are doing this year:
- Handprint Trees / Wreaths
- Make a paper chain to decorate bedroom door.
- Christmas Candlelight Picnic Dinner (on the floor by the tree)
- Hot Cocoa Bar
- Play “I Spy” ornament Scavenger Hunt
- Make Ornament cake balls
- Go to Toys R Us to buy Toys for Tots gifts
- Christmas Party at Aunt Rose and Uncle Bob’s house
- Make “Peppermint Cocoa Floats” (peppermint ice cream and hot cocoa)
- Write a Christmas Letter to Great Grandma and mail it
- Festival of Lights in PJ’s with popcorn
- Make Snowflakes and decorate with glitter
- Make gift for SS teachers, preschool teachers, school teachers
- Make a gingerbread house with a friend
- Church program
- School program
- Make Christmas Cookies
- Have a “snowball fight” with wadded paper
- Deliver Christmas cookies to neighbors
- Sleepover at Grandma's
- Help me wrap gifts for cousins
- Unwrap 1 stocking gift early
- Camp out under Christmas Tree in sleeping bags
- After Christmas Eve service, give a gift box to the kids full of new jammies, a Christmas video, and snacks. Watch the movie in new PJs with the snacks in mom and dad’s bed.
- CHRISTMAS!
No comments:
Post a Comment