Monday, September 3, 2012

MY FOUR YEAR OLD!


Wow.  I can't believe she is four!  I haven't done an update on her in awhile.  I've posted a lot about Kelsey, but not so much about Morgan.  At her yearly check up in August, she weighed 36 lbs (59%) and was 3 ft. 4 in. tall .... or 40 inches (55%).  So, looking back over her life, she started way up in the 90%+, but has slowly evened out to about average!  :) 

Right now her current "passions" are dancing and "baking."  She also still loves to sing and read and pretend.  Her imagination is endless!  :)  She loves her baby sister, but also gets easily frustrated when Kelsey doesn't "play" with her the way she wants her to!  She is also finding that when she leaves stuff out in reach of Kelsey that Kelsey sees that as fair game.   It is so hard for Morgan to understand why Kelsey won't leave her stuff alone!  :) 

She has also gotten very opinionated and stubborn as she turned four!  :)  She has spent a lot of time sitting in her "thinking spot" on the steps while she calms down and finds her "happy heart."  :)   But then there are also days when she is the sweetest little girl I have ever met and goes out of her way to help me and make me proud.

She still loves doing tot school and learning new things.  She will be starting preschool next week.  She will only be going 2 days, as we couldn't get her in for 3, but I think that will be perfect for her.   Last week here at home we got back into our scheduled routine that I had "slacked off on" over the summer.  I saw a drastic difference in her behavior and how the days went.  She definitely craves routine and predictiblity that is for sure.  She thrives on structure and having a direction for the day.  (I think she is just like her mommy!  Hehe!) 

I am excited to see how she continues to grow and develop this preschool year, and yet it saddens me to think that next year at this time she will be in Kindergarten all day!  How did she grow up so fast? :)

No comments: