Thursday, May 3, 2012

KELSEY 10 MONTH UPDATE

It's been awhile since I've written anything about Kelsey. She has grown up so much in the last few weeks.   I cannot believe she is 10 months already!

My little girl still loves her books!  I will often find her surrounded by books on the floor. In fact, if we are in her room and I put her down on the floor, she'll immediately crawl to her basket of books first before her toys. 

She is crawling all.over.the.place!  I have to keep my eye on her at all times.  She will get into everything and put everything in her mouth!  Morgan was 3 months older than her when she started crawling, so she was actually able to understand "that's a no" a lot better than Kelsey does.....that or else Kelsey is just going to be a LOT more stubborn than her sister!  :)  She knows exactly what she is not allowed to touch, and it seems that some days all she does is go back and forth between all those things.  It's kind of exhausting, but at the same time, I LOVE this age.  She is so expressive and interactive and just plain adorable!

 Her giggles, smiles, and jabbering just melt my heart and make up for the mischeif she can get into.  Within a matter of a day or two, she suddenly started pulling herself up to stand and now she can cruise right along lickety split!  I have to keep reminding Morgan that Kelsey can easily reach and get into her stuff now and it's so hard for a 3 year old to understand why Kelsey won't keep her stuff alone! We're really working on the sharing thing around here as well as what is safe and not safe to have out when a baby is around! 

As I was talking to my dear friend, Heather, one day about this very issue and about how hard it is to get dinner ready or do other things around the house when Kelsey is awake because I can't let her out of my sight for one little second, she suggested I borrow this "baby cage" thing.  It has been so nice!  I can put it in the kitchen or the living room and put Kelsey in it to play without having to worry about what she is getting into.  And yet she still has some freedom to move around and play without feeling confined to her bouncy seat or a playpen. She actually really likes it.  Thank you, Heather! 

We started introducing dairy products with Kelsey, and so far she has done great.  No issues that we can tell.  We haven't tried switching her formula, and truth be told, we may not mess with that, even though it IS expensive.  Since she is so close to being able to drink whole milk (if she can tolerate it), we don't want to switch her formula when she is so used to this kind.  But I AM looking forward to not having that bill to pay each month! It has been so nice not to have to watch labels lately with Kelsey, and she has enjoyed YoBaby yogurt, bits of cheese, small bits of pizza, pancakes, waffles, bread, oatmeal, mac and cheese, and hash browns.  She is definitely more eager to eat things she can pick up herself, though when she is done you definitely know it because she tosses it on the floor.  Yeah, a bit more "ornery" than Morgan at this age!  :) 

As for sleeping, she still does pretty well.  Every now and then, she'll wake up at night, but it's not consistent at all.  She still takes two pretty good naps a day, although, she has started a pattern of crying for 10 min. or so before she'll fall asleep.  I've come to realize it's just kinda like her way of putting herself to sleep. She is out of her swaddle now and will often be standing up in her crib when I go in to get her.  I have a feeling she is going to be my one who climbs out of the crib...

But I L.O.V.E this babe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  She brings so much joy into our lives.  Such a precious gift from God! 

No comments: