Sunday, April 1, 2012

KELSEY 9 MONTHS

I can't believe my baby is 9 months old already. She is definitely developing her personality, and it is so fun to hear her babble and talk to us! I love this age!

She has her 9 month appointment on Tuesday, so I don't have any recent stats yet. But she has changed so much over the last month! She really IS starting to get some hair, even though it's still hard to tell in pictures. Her baby fluff definitely has red tints to it! She holds her bottle now on her own, which is so nice, and I no longer am putting rice cereal in them except at night. She doesn't even wear a bib anymore! Our specialist said we don't have to go back anymore, and that we can start weaning off the Prevacid whenever we feel ready. But I'm going to wait and talk to our pediatrician, too, before I do anything.

Kelsey is really "talking" a lot, and loves to hear her own voice. :) She says "mama" and "uh-oh" pretty clearly, and I have caught on that she says the same sounds (uck) whenever we go to her room to read her books or when she sees one of her books. We are teaching her signs, too, such as more, bottle, please, thank you, mommy, daddy, sister. Every once in a while she'll sign "more" or "bottle."

Another big accomplishment this month: She takes her naps now with her arms out of the swaddle! Yea! As the weather gets warmer, I'm hoping to soon drop the whole swaddle altogether. I haven't attempted night time yet, but will soon.

I keep think she'll start crawling any day now. She definitely knows how to get around, though, by scooting or rolling. She'll try to crawl even, but just keep scooting herself backwards instead. Gone are the days when I could set her down in the Living Room on a blanket with toys and go to the laundry room for a minute or into the kitchen. :) She DOES know how to sit back up from a laying down position, though, all by herself. I guess it's time to lower the crib mattress!

We love our little Kelsey Faith! What a precious gift she is to our family!


Oh, and yes, this was planned. I gave her some rainbow colored cooked spaghetti (on purpose) for some fun sensory play. I was right there by her the whole time, and she only tried to put it in her mouth once. She really loved the feel of the noodles between her fingers! :)

No comments: